Conducting Your Research
We look forward to assisting you during your research visit. Here are some things to expect when conducting your research in the Archives Research Center.
As a researcher you will be asked to:
- Complete and sign a Research Agreement form once each fiscal year (July 1-June 30);
- Provide valid photo identification (i.e., driver's license, student or faculty ID, passport);
- Complete a request slip to view research materials;
- Sign the archives visitor register at each of your visits;
- Refrain from smoking, eating, and drinking in the research room;
- Leave personal belongings in the lockers provided including, pens, scanners, cell
phones, MP3 players, flash drives, and/or photographic devices.
To facilitate your research you may bring into the research room:
- Unbound paper or note cards into the research room;
- Personal computers after an inspection of the computer by Archives Research Center Staff.
When using archival collections you can expect to:
- View resources in the research room;
- Show an AUC ID with RWWL barcode to view books if you are an AUC student, faculty or staff member;
- Use books with the assistance of Archives staff;
- Use materials in limited quantities, usually one box or two books on the table at a time;
- Maintain order of documents. Please notify staff of misfiled or missing documents immediately.
At the end of your visit, we may ask to examine any notes taken during your visit.