The Friends’ Council of the Atlanta University Robert W. Woodruff Library is a group of advocates who support the Library’s vision and mission through sponsorship of community engagement activities that heighten visibility and awareness.
Through its membership and strategic partnering, the Friends’ Council will:
- Strengthen and support initiatives that provide opportunities for individuals to explore their common interests in the information, literary and cultural activities of the AUC Woodruff Library
- Encourage gifts and bequests
- Assist in special projects
- Aid in the development of Library special collections
The Friends’ Council is a diverse (age, gender, cultural and economic background) group of volunteers with a wide range of talents, areas of influence and community activism. We are looking for more advocates with insight and expertise to contribute. Come Join Us! Select from among the membership benefits and privileges listed.
- Student – $20.00 Invitation to events, receipt of newsletter, voting privilege in the annual membership meeting
- Regular – $40.00 All of the above, receipt of reports, extended building access to library resources
- Patron – $150.00 or more All of the above, limited book borrowing privileges, listing in library publications, personalized bookplate
- Lifetime – $500.00 or more
All of the above, space reservation privileges, ex-officio member of the Friends’ Council Executive Committee
- Donor – $1000.00 or more
(Corporate or Non-Profit Entity)
All of the above
Membership fees are tax deductible, with all proceeds used by the Friends’ Council to support AUC Woodruff Library programs.
Mail Check/Money Order –Checks payable to: “The Friends’ Council of the RWWL-AUC, Inc.”
Friends’ Council Coordinator
Atlanta University Center
Robert W. Woodruff Library
111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30314