The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library is the place where forward-thinking and innovative employees work and collaborate. If you wish to become part of our talented group, continue reading to learn why we are dedicated and committed to what we do. It’s our mission! Thank you for your interest in employment with the AUC Woodruff Library.
Positions currently available:
Planning & Assessment Assistant
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The Atlanta University Center – Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service. Notable accomplishments include, recipient of two Communicator Awards for print communication materials, recipient of the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation grant for HBCU Photographic Preservation Project Round II, and national recognition with the receipt of two awards in the 28th Annual Educational Advertising Awards.
To continue our excellence in program and services, the library seeks an experienced, energetic, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual to join the Planning, Assessment and Communication department as the Planning and Assessment Assistant. This position will serve as a key liaison between the Office of Planning, Assessment and Communications (OPAC) and the Library’s staff to provide technical expertise and marketing support in the carrying out of their communications, planning and assessment needs.
- Create marketing collateral, including social media and print materials, to support Library communications and marketing projects.
- Work closely with librarians and appropriate Library and Archives Research Center staff to understand and meet their marketing needs for the Atlanta University Center community.
- Assist with the design and implementation of survey instruments to assess effectiveness of Library services and resources. Maintain survey results in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist in ensuring that the OPAC Department’s documents are properly organized, uploaded, and made accessible, as appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining databases for the OPAC Department’s Friends’ Council and statistical templates.
- Help coordinate strategic planning activities and annual updates. Support the creation of document preparation for strategic planning.
- Assist in researching and compiling information for benchmarking, grant writing, articles and other Library initiatives. Assist with the coordination of Library events as planned by the OPAC Department.
- B.A/B.S degree Marketing, Communications, English, Public Relations, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience from which comparable skills can be acquired.
- 3 years of experience with responsibility for communications, and/or administrative support and logistics.
- Intermediate skill level in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with using Social Media platforms.
- Intermediate skill level in Adobe Creative Suite with focus on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills .
- Ability to interact effectively with various audiences.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain professional composure and appearance at all times.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. This position will remain open until filled.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Bring your skills and talents to the AUC Woodruff Library and you will find a unique and vibrant workplace that fosters and supports teamwork. Our staff is diverse and represents many nations, backgrounds and perspectives, yet we all work together to meet the needs of our students, faculty and other stakeholders. Enthusiasm is an evident factor with regards to how we carry out our work. We are an organization of transformation and growth, which means significant opportunities exist for talented and energetic individuals.
Employees are encouraged to develop personally and professionally.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are a driving factor in the way we deliver service to our patrons and interact with each other.
- Quality Service for All Customers
- Competence in Services and Staff
- Respect for the Individual
- High Expectations for Performance
The AUC Woodruff Library does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.