The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library is the place where forward-thinking and innovative employees work and collaborate. If you wish to become part of our talented group, continue reading to learn why we are dedicated and committed to what we do. It’s our mission! Thank you for your interest in employment with the AUC Woodruff Library.
Positions currently available:
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The Atlanta University Center – Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service. This is evidenced by our 2012 national recognition with the receipt of two awards in the 28th Annual Educational Advertising Awards. To continue our excellence in program and services, the library is seeking an experienced, energetic, forward-thinking and creative person to fill the position of Controller.
The Controller directs the financial affairs of the organization and prepares financial analysis of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management. He/she is responsible for the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the conduct of its relationships with lending institutions and the financial community, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports. The Controller oversees the monthly close cycle, internal control, and policy development. The position involves supervision over general accounting, property / equipment accounting, external auditing, cost accounting, tax reporting and budgetary controls. This position reports to the CFO/Assistant Director of Operations and supervises 2 staff members with functional responsibility over accounting processes, accounts payable and grants administration.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- 6-8 years overall accounting/controller experience
- 2-4 years supervisory experience
- Some public accounting experience a plus
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data;
- Ability to take initiative and to be accountable for results;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to foster a collegial work environment where change and innovation are encouraged;
- Ability to respond confidentially to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches/presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of trustees;
- Strong strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to coach and motivate direct reports;
- Ability to delegate and direct the work of others;
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and to foster a team environment;
- Ability to negotiate conflict among users and staff;
- Ability to problem solve (identifying, evaluating, exercise good judgment, implementing, solving);
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite with focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Working knowledge of MIP Accounting Software;
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF), 24 vacation days, 12 sick days.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Full Job Description may be view at www.auctr.edu. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. Application review begins October 2013 and will continue until position is filled.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Bring your skills and talents to the AUC Woodruff Library and you will find a unique and vibrant workplace that fosters and supports teamwork. Our staff is diverse and represents many nations, backgrounds and perspectives, yet we all work together to meet the needs of our students, faculty and other stakeholders. Enthusiasm is an evident factor with regards to how we carry out our work. We are an organization of transformation and growth, which means significant opportunities exist for talented and energetic individuals.
Employees are encouraged to develop personally and professionally.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are a driving factor in the way we deliver service to our patrons and interact with each other.
- Quality Service for All Customers
- Competence in Services and Staff
- Respect for the Individual
- High Expectations for Performance
The AUC Woodruff Library does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.