See the library's hours at a glance, including our multiple service points, shuttle service, and special hours for finals and holidays.
Atlanta University Center (AUC) students, faculty and staff can enjoy both safe and convenient transport between the AUC Woodruff Library, campuses and surrounding Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) stations. A valid Atlanta University Center member institution ID is required to ride the shuttle. A valid Government Issue ID can be used until 7:00 p.m weekdays. After 7:00 p.m. a valid AUC member institution ID is required.
There are two routes running continuously: the Southbound Route and the Northbound Route. Passenger pick-up and drop-off are limited to designated stops. Passengers can submit feedback on their riding experience by sending a text message to the code and number found on each shuttle.
During the fall and spring semesters, with the exception of break periods and holidays, the shuttles operate every hour the AUC Woodruff Library is open. The shuttles do not operate when the Library is closed. The final shuttle of the day leaves the Library ten minutes after the Library’s scheduled closing time.
For immediate assistance on weekdays, call 404.978.2060 between 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. For assistance during weekends and after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, call 404.978.2073. You can also contact us at [email protected].
- Wireless Access
Riders with laptops, smartphones, iPads or any other Wi-Fi enabled devices will find wireless coverage on each shuttle. To connect to the wireless network on your laptop or any other Wi-Fi device, locate the public network, RWWL public, and click connect. A password is not required to access the wireless on the shuttles.
- Shuttle Rental
The shuttles are available for rental for academic and organization special events. Please review the policy and download and fill out the reservation form. Scan and email the completed form to [email protected]. You will receive a response to your request within 48 hours of submission.
- COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Your safety remains our top priority, whether in the Library or riding our shuttle buses. To ensure that our AUC passengers have a socially-distanced, safe and healthy travel experience, the following changes in service have been implemented. We are:
- Reducing the number of passengers on each vehicle by blocking certain seats to maintain appropriate social distancing among riders.
- Loading passengers from the rear of a vehicle, whenever possible, to reduce encounters with the driver and other riders.
- Allowing for a constant supply of fresh, filtered air coming into the vehicle.
- Requiring all drivers to wear face masks.
- Requiring all passengers to wear face masks.
- Providing drivers with gloves and an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
We have also implemented enhanced cleaning protocols for our shuttles, taking additional steps in an effort to best maintain a safe environment for our AUC shuttle riders. We are:
- Cleaning shuttle buses at the end of every shift.
- Using a fogging procedure that disinfects the interior surfaces of each shuttle bus with a safe, high-grade EPA-registered disinfectant, which is 99.999% effective against a wide variety of bacteria and viruses, including coronaviruses, and is applied with a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer. This method of disinfecting exceeds CDC guidance.
- Keeping disinfecting cleaning supplies on board our vehicles (e.g., wipes or a combination of spray and wipes).
- Cleaning and disinfecting highly-touched areas throughout the day with approved EPA-registered products. This includes handrails and hard surfaces.
Learn about the library's access policy for visitors and ARCHE card holders, including visiting hours, entrance requirements, and more.
Security Services ensure a safe and respectful learning environment, including safety escorts, security patrols, lost and found, and more.
If you have questions about our shuttle service, reach out and let us know.Learn how