Constructed in 1982, the Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library is named in honor of the late Robert Winship Woodruff, philanthropist and former CEO of The Coca-Cola Company.
The library supports the teaching, learning and research missions of four institutions of higher education that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs: Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College and Spelman College. As the “center of the Center,” the AUC Woodruff Library is the intellectual and information hub of the Atlanta University Center.
The AUC Woodruff Library is also home to the Archives Research Center, which is noted for its extensive and unique holdings of materials on the African American experience, including the John Henrik Clarke Africana and African American Collection and the Henry P. Slaughter and Countee Cullen Memorial Collection. In addition, at the request of Morehouse College, the library serves as custodian of the Morehouse College Martin Luther King Jr. Collection.
The Library partners with member academic institutions’ of the AUC; the Library provides inforamtion management, instruction and access to a variety of global information resources acquired and organized in support of teaching and learning, scholarship and cultural preservation of the Atlanta University Center.
*Clark Atlanta University, the Interdonominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College
To reflect the excellence of our member institutions by being the first and the best choice for our users in their search for information.
- Quality Service for all Customers
- Competence in Services and Staff
- Respect for the Individual
- High Expectation for Performance
Board of Trustees
The AUC Woodruff Library corporation is a non-profit corporation under the Georgia Nonprofit Corporation Code, and operates exclusively for educational and charitable purposes as defined by Section 501(c)3 of the IRS Code. It is governed by a ten-member Board of Trustees.
Library Board of Trustees 2022-2023
- Rev. Matthew Wesley Williams, Chair – President, Interdenominational Theological Center
- Dr. George T. French – President, Clark Atlanta University
- Dr. Helene Gayle – President, Spelman College
- Dr. David A. Thomas – President, Morehouse College
- Dr. Lorraine J. Haricombe, Member-At-Large – Vice Provost, University of Texas, Austin
- Dr. Jamil Zainaldin, Member-At-Large – Retired President Georgia Humanities Council
- Mr. Henry G. Zigtema, Member-At-Large – Chair, Finance Committee; Retired Partner, Ernst and Young, LLP
- Dr. Teri Platt, Ex-Officio Member – Chair, Library Advisory Council; Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration, Morehouse College
- Mrs. Loretta Parham, Ex-Officio Member – CEO & Director, AUC Woodruff Library
Our librarians and archivists are here to help answer your questions.Learn How