The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library is the place where forward-thinking and innovative employees work and collaborate. If you wish to become part of our talented group, continue reading to learn why we are dedicated and committed to what we do. It’s our mission! Thank you for your interest in employment with the AUC Woodruff Library.
Positions currently available:
Reference Librarian - Part-time
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The Atlanta University Center – Robert W. Woodruff Library is committed to displaying excellence in our delivery of service and is known for transformative change in innovative services and programs. Our organizational culture is represented by a staff of engaged and highly motivated individuals and is one in which entrepreneurial thinking is encouraged. These factors are evidenced by our library’s recognition in the “university library” category for the 2016 ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award. To continue our excellence in program and services, the library is seeking a creative, energetic, service oriented individual to fill the position of Evening & Weekend Reference Librarian. The Evening & Weekend Reference Librarian will provide general and specialized research assistance for on-site and virtual library users; participate in user-centered, subject specific instruction through general orientation sessions and course integrated instruction to develop information literacy competencies. The Evening & Weekend Reference Librarian will also provide user services support in the RWWL Technology Design Studio. This position reports to the Unit Head of Information and Research Services.
- Assists faculty and students in the use of academic learning technologies for assignments and instructional modules
- Monitors trends in emerging technologies in higher education and identifies possible uses in library services
- Provides general and specialized reference services for on-site and remote library users, including night and week-end rotations
- Provides curriculum-integrated library instruction employing emerging learning technologies
- Participates in collection development activities and provides outreach to faculty, including, serving as liaison for academic program/departments in subject areas supporting the curriculum and research needs of the member institutions
- Participates in the development, implementation, and assessment of services, policies, procedures, and publications
- Develops instructional materials, research guides, web tutorials and other resources to optimize utilization and understanding of Library services
- Creates and delivers topical research seminars, individual and group training
- Participate in library-wide initiatives through committees and task forces
- Graduate degree in library science from an ALA accredited program required
- Provides general and specialized reference services for on-site and remote library users during evenings and weekend hours of operation
- Demonstrated experience and/or coursework in the development of web 2.0 instruction and/or information literacy tools
- Strong computer skills; experience with iMACs and applicable software desirable
- Demonstrated experience with standard office software such as Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using multimedia design, production, and editing tools; and online course management systems
- Teaching experience highly preferred
- Experience performing reference and instruction services
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic resources related to an academic research environment
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include three professional references and salary requirements. Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Bring your skills and talents to the AUC Woodruff Library and you will find a unique and vibrant workplace that fosters and supports teamwork. Our staff is diverse and represents many nations, backgrounds and perspectives, yet we all work together to meet the needs of our students, faculty and other stakeholders. Enthusiasm is an evident factor with regards to how we carry out our work. We are an organization of transformation and growth, which means significant opportunities exist for talented and energetic individuals.
Employees are encouraged to develop personally and professionally.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are a driving factor in the way we deliver service to our patrons and interact with each other.
- Quality Service for All Customers
- Competence in Services and Staff
- Respect for the Individual
- High Expectations for Performance
The AUC Woodruff Library does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.