The Atlanta University Center (AUC) Robert W. Woodruff Library is the place where forward-thinking and innovative employees work and collaborate. If you wish to become part of our talented group, continue reading to learn why we are dedicated and committed to what we do. It’s our mission! Thank you for your interest in employment with the AUC Woodruff Library.
Positions currently available:
Security Services Officer
The Atlanta University Center - Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs—Clark Atlanta University, the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the Atlanta University Center.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center is seeking highly motivated, energetic full-time Security Services Officers. S/he will assist in securing the safety of the library’s property, patrons, visitors, and staff.
- Ability to read and write in order to review and complete required incident reports
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with library patrons, employees and visitors
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and drug test
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time
- Ability to follow instruction
- Candidates must have at least one year experience in security, law enforcement or military
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school/GED or vocational school diploma
- Two to three years’ experience
SALARY & BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience; benefits for full-time positions include medical, dental, vision, life, company paid disability plans, company match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants should submit a letter of application and resume online to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please include references and salary requirements.
The Robert W. Woodruff Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about our Library visit us online at www.auctr.edu.
Bring your skills and talents to the AUC Woodruff Library and you will find a unique and vibrant workplace that fosters and supports teamwork. Our staff is diverse and represents many nations, backgrounds and perspectives, yet we all work together to meet the needs of our students, faculty and other stakeholders. Enthusiasm is an evident factor with regards to how we carry out our work. We are an organization of transformation and growth, which means significant opportunities exist for talented and energetic individuals.
Employees are encouraged to develop personally and professionally.
Our Core Values
Our Core Values are a driving factor in the way we deliver service to our patrons and interact with each other.
- Quality Service for All Customers
- Competence in Services and Staff
- Respect for the Individual
- High Expectations for Performance
The AUC Woodruff Library does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.