Public Parking Policy & Guidelines
General Policies and Procedures
The following policies are intended to facilitate the work of the faculty, students, staff and library visitors through control of the parking and movement of motor vehicles while on the property of the Robert W. Woodruff Library of the Atlanta University Center.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Robert W. Woodruff Library (RWWL) or designee is empowered to create, modify, or preempt parking in controlled areas of the Library’s parking facility. The operation of a motor vehicle on the RWWL property is a granted privilege and is not an inherent right of any faculty/staff member, student or visitor.
Any motorized vehicle operated on the property of RWWL is subject to all policies governing parking at the facility located at 111 James P. Brawley Drive, SW Atlanta, GA 30314. Any parking area reserved or modified for specific library usage shall be posted with appropriate signs stating the type of permit or restrictions pertaining to the use of the area, or restricted by manual control.
Guidelines for RWWL Parking Lot
- Enforcement of RWWL parking lot fees and regulations is in effect from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is no charge for parking after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends. The parking schedule may be altered to accommodate special events or holiday periods.
- All visitor vehicles must be removed from RWWL’s parking facility at Library’s closing. Vehicles left overnight are subject to impound and will be issued a tow warning.*
- Upon entering the RWWL Parking Lot at the Milton entrance, driver will proceed to an upper level numbered parking space.
- Driver will note the numbered parking space and proceed to the Parking Pay Station and follow directions.
- Once the parking ticket has been dispensed from the Parking Pay Station, the driver must return to their parked vehicle and place the parking ticket in the front windshield so that it is easily visible.
- Parking Pay Station parking tickets can only be used for the noted space number.
- Specific parking spaces are reserved for the physically disabled and are marked by signs. Parking is by special permit only and enforced twenty-four hours a day.
- Fliers or advertisements cannot be distributed or posted on vehicles or in any areas of the parking lot. Conducting business and/or commercial services is prohibited on library property.
- Firearms or concealed weapons are not allowed in the parking facility.
- Persons using the Loading Zones must not exceed 30 minutes duration and must leave the vehicle’s flashers on. Consult with Security Services for unusual circumstances.
- Use of skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, and similar devices is prohibited in RWWL parking lot (to include all sidewalks and parking lots).
- Persons found possessing a parking permit that was not issued to them, per RWWL records, will be in violation of policy and will have the parking permit confiscated. The parking privileges of the authorized permit holder will be placed under review for possible revocation.
* Contact must be made with Security Services within 24 hours of the issuance of a warning. If contact is not made within twenty-four (24) hours of tow warning, the vehicle will be towed and impounded. All wheel lock and/or tow fee expenses will be the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner or designee.
Pedestrians have the right-of-way in the RWWL parking facility at all times. The speed limit in the parking facility is 5 mph. Drivers should always be cognizant of the pedestrian traffic in the facility and adjust to the slower speed as necessary or indicated. Faculty, staff, student and visitor vehicles are not permitted on pedestrian walkways or on the grassy areas surrounding building and should only be parked in designated parking spaces.
Vehicles parked in non-authorized areas will be given a violation sticker or, in cases of repeat offenders, booted. The RWWL reserves the right to impound any vehicle parking in a manner dangerous to vehicular or pedestrian traffic, or otherwise in violation of the RWWL parking policies and procedures. The vehicle owner and/or permit holder will be responsible for costs incurred in removing, impounding, and/or storing such vehicles.
Vehicle Accident Reporting
All vehicular accidents (involving personal injury or vehicular damage), which occur on RWWL’s property, should be reported immediately to Security Services by calling 404-978-2073.
Security Services reserves the right to ticket, boot or impound vehicles as circumstances warrant including, but not limited to:
- No Parking Pay Station ticket displayed
- Occupying more than one parking space
- Not parked in a parking space
- Improper parking, including inappropriate use of designated and restricted spaces
- Blocking road or lot traffic flow
- Transferring or allowing the transfer of a Pay Station Parking ticket
- Any alteration of any type of parking permit
- Utilizing a handicapped space without proper permits.
Questions about parking? Reach out to us now.Learn How