A look into the Spreading the Word collections
November 17, 2015
While we are busy prepping audio and video works to go to our vendor for digitization, take a quick look at the collections we will be working on during this project!
- Atlanta-Rome District, Georgia North Region, 6th Episcopal Dictrict of the CME Church Collection: Photographs of bishops, pastors and events based around the CME church will be digitized.
- James P. Brawley Collection: 150 lantern slides will be digitized for access, containing images of Methodist bishops, pastors, and administrators.
- Issac R. Clark Memorial Collection: Audio and video works demonstrating religious education will soon be accessible, featuring presentations, conferences, chapel services, & class lectures.
- James H. Costen Collection: Documenting pioneering African American clergy of the United Presbyterian Chuch and religion across denominations, these manuscripts will be made available.
- Bishop J. Howard Dell Collection: Over 600 audio tracks and video will be digitized, featuring this Senior Bishop of the Church Of God In Christ (COGIC) and an early radio and television televangelism pioneer.
- Anna E. Hall Collection: Manuscripts, scrapbooks, photographs, and diaries relating to the first African American to graduate from the New England Deaconess Training School in Boston.
- Interdenominational Theological Center Photographs: Over 1600 photographs will be digitized, relating to the history of the ITC, spanning from the 1880’s to the 1970’s.
- C. Eric Lincoln Collection: Hundreds of sound recordings of Lincoln’s research on the sociology of Black religion will be accessible, including recordings with Malcom X and Ben Chavis.
- C. Eric Lincoln Lectureship Series Collection: Audio and video recordings of lectures featuring prominent scholars on African American religion will be digitized and made available.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Fellows in Black Religious Studies Collection: Photographs and audio of fellow’s work in the area of Black Church practice, including interviews with scholars like W.E.B. DuBois.
- Robert Penn Collection: Manuscripts and sermons will be preserved and made accessible from this ITC faulty, Baptist pastor, WWII chaplain, and African missionary.
- Society for the Study of Black Religion Collection: Manuscripts, audio, and video of speakers at the annual meetings, featuring prominent scholars and educators, covering various topics of African American religion and culture.
- Levi and Jewel Terrill Collection: Correspondence, speeches, and photographs will be made accessible from this collection relating to two long-time workers with the National Baptist Convention, USA.
- Hercules Wilson Collection: Hundreds of hand-written sermons will be accessible from this Presbyterian minister from North Carolina and first minister of Brooklyn Presbyterian Church in metropolitan Charlotte, North Carolina.
Ask a Librarian
Do you have questions about our recent news or upcoming events? Let us know.Learn How