This policy provides guidelines for the Atlanta University Center Robert W. Woodruff Library to serve as a place for temporary student exhibitions and to:
- support educational and artistic activities of Atlanta University Center students
- promote the intellectual, aesthetic and creative growth of Atlanta University Center students
- offer additional opportunities for Atlanta University Center student artists to showcase their work
- increase the knowledge of art activities among the Atlanta University Center and surrounding communities
Rules of Use
- The Library is not responsible for the safety of artwork on display.
- The Library reserves the right to deny requests to exhibit artwork.
- Student library exhibits are facilitated by the art subject librarian liaison, and each exhibit must have an AUC faculty sponsor. ·
- Requests to exhibit in the Library must be forwarded for approval through the art library liaison and approved by the Library administration. A Student Exhibit Request Form is required.
- The length of time artwork is displayed is at the discretion of the Library.
- The responsibility for the installation and removal of displays are the sole responsibility of the artist and/or faculty sponsor. The art subject librarian liaison will assist in coordinating assembly and disassembly with the Library's Facilities Services Department. The Facilities Services Department must approve all plans for assembly and disassembly in advance. No installation or removal can occur without prior approval of plans by the Facilities Services Department.
- Damages caused by installation and disassembly are the responsibility of the artist.
- All supplies, including book holders, cloth drapes, easels, hardware, etc., are to be furnished by the artist and/or faculty sponsor.
- The Library upholds the principles of the American Library Association’s Code of Ethics and the Library Bill of Rights. The Library supports the tenets of intellectual freedom and opposes efforts to censor library materials, programs and services.